The York Feminist Reading Group meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 7.30pm. At the moment we’re meeting at various member’s houses, so get in touch if you want the addresses! There is also a Facebook group which we use to gauge numbers for each meeting.
- 17th January – Women and Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard
- 21st February – The Power by Naomi Alderman
- 21st March – Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
- 18th April – Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
- 16th May – I Love Dick by Chris Kraus
- 20th June – The Female Man by Joanna Russ
- 18th July – Coal by Audre Lorde
- 15th August – A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollstonecraft
- 19th September – Riot Days by Maria Alyokhina
- 17th October – With Her in Ourland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- 21st November – The Pimping of Prostitution: Abolishing the Sex Work Myth by Julie Bindel
- 19th December – Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity by Julia Serrano
Happy reading in 2018 and we hope to see more new people at our meetings as well as our regulars!