The York Feminist Reading Group meetings are are the third Wednesday of the month. At the moment we’re meeting at various member’s houses, so get in touch if you want the addresses! There is also a Facebook group which we use to gauge numbers for each meeting.
- Jan 18 – Ain’t I a Woman?: Black Women and Feminism by bell hooks
- Feb 15 – We Were Feminists Once: From Riot Grrrl to Cover Girl, the Buying and Selling of a Political Movement by Andi Zeisler
- Mar 15 – The Collector by John Fowles
- Apr 19 – Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- May 17 – Gather Together in My Name by Maya Angelou (Autobiography #2)
- Jun 21 – Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay
- Jul 19 – Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin
- Aug 16 – Behind a Mask, or A Woman’s Power by Louisa May Alcott
- Sep 20 – Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
- Oct 18 – The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley
- Nov 15 – Pornland: How Porn Has Hijacked Our Sexuality by Gail Dines
- Dec 20 – Girls Will be Girls: Dressing Up, Playing Parts and Daring to Act Differently by Emer O’Toole
We hope to see you there!